Thursday, October 12, 2006

"The Office" Recap

Well here is a post for all of you people who watch "The Office".

I thought the show was one of the better episodes so far because there were elements that I can take from it relating to my job. Mainly the point of the show was about loyalty, trust, and leadership. Dwight goes over the head of his boss Michael and tries to take his job. This totally hurts Michael and the trust he had with Dwight. Also Dwight says he does not care about his co-workers during a conversation which is a big red flag concerning loyalty.

Being a youth worker that has a team made up of volunteers loyalty and trust and super important. I hope that I lead in a way that my team knows they can trust me, and my loyalty to the ministry, families, students, and my team is a priority to me.

The best part of the episode is when Michael gives the illustration of the lion and the monkey. If you watch the show you know what I am talking about, and even though the illustration makes no sense at first when you think about it you can apply it to ministry. Just something for you to chew on.

John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the best part was at the end... "LIAR"

Just my nickle

Anonymous said...

Yup I love that show! ^^; I always watch 'The Office' and 'My Name is Earl' on Thursdays..