Thursday, March 22, 2007

I Love Being Me

I was planning my upcoming sermon on the parable of The Vineyard Workers from Matthew 20:1-16. While in the book of Matthew I came across the passage that states "Love your neighbor as yourself." Then this got to me think, "Do I love my neighbor" I mean truly love them. After some thought my answer is "yes." Then that led to the question "Do I love myself?" This was a tougher question for me because I think there are plenty of times that I don't love myself. Isn't that a normal part of life to sometimes not love ourselves since we live in sin on a daily basis?

Ultimately, through some discussion, thought, and prayer I have come to two conclusions.

1. I must love myself in order to truly love others, especially students.

2. I love myself, and I Love Being Me.

John

No comments: