Thursday, March 22, 2007

Being Christian Is Not Cool

Saw an interesting article on "The Christian Post" about how being "cool" is contradictory to the Christian faith. The author of the book "Blessed are the Uncool" Paul Grant defines cool as an attitude, a habit, a worldview, a feeling. The modern cool is "the private performance of rebellion for rebellion's sake," he says, and Jesus is not necessarily cool.

"Being a Christian may not be cool, but it results in abundance," Grant states.

Check out the rest of the article "Uncool" and make sure you read his conclusion. It is powerful and so true.

John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I found your blog courtesy of google. My name is Paul Grant, the author of Blessed are the Uncool, and I love seeing people interact with the ideas I was presenting. If you're interested in more, check out my blog at http://uncoolbook.blogspot.com/.