Friday, February 09, 2007

Inevitable Departure..

In just 4 hours I depart for our Route56 winter camp. Well, not just me. I am going along with 6 other leaders and 42 students, and while I am totally excited I am also a little unsettled as well. I am not sure why I have this feeling, maybe because I know that 42 sets of parents have entrusted their child to my care. Maybe it is because I have never taken 5th & 6th grade students to a camp before. Maybe it's because I sometimes doubt my abilities and not sure why God called on me to serve him in this way. Or maybe it is simply because I am human and it is in our nature to get nervous and even a little scared before a big event or moment in our lives. This is definitely one of those times. Camp is such an amazing and unique experience that enables both leaders and students to escape the daily routine and simply be in community with each other and with their creator.

My prayer for this weekend:
Dear Lord, I thank you for this amazing opportunity to be with you this weekend. I thank you for the blessing of all the leaders, students, and families that are a part of this experience. I praise you for your creation of the mountains and the beautiful scenery that you made for us to worship you. Lord, I am sorry for my selfish ways in trying to live my life and plan this camp on my own. Right now I come before you asking for you to place a hedge of protection around the camp this weekend and all of the people attending. Keep us safe and please help us to have an open mind and heart this weekend to being in community with others and to hearing your word. Lord, please bless the leaders, give them patience and guidance as they pastor to the students in their care. Give us the words that you know need to be spoken. Provide the parents with a heart of comfort that their child is under your protection and they will return home safe. Lord, I give this weekend to you. I know that whatever happens is for a reason, and that I am here to serve you to bring students into a relationship with you. Thank you again for your love, your desire to know me personally, and for blessing my life. I give you praise and ask these things in your son Jesus Christs name.. AMEN.


Have a fun, safe, and blessed weekend everyone.

John

No comments: