Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Aftermath of Meetings


I am not someone who usually minds meetings I actually enjoy them most of the time. Now after a statement like that you know there is a "but" coming. So here it is. But, I have come to realize that after these meetings I always walk away with more "things to do" then before the meeting. The challenging and stressful part is that as the "things to do" list continues to grow my schedule becomes more and more vital. I have struggled over the past month or so with my schedule and being effective with my time. This became very evident to me after our meeting yesterday as I felt somewhat overwhelmed with all of the things on my plate. You know things like work, family, friends, time with God, personal time for me, sleep, etc.

I am very excited about our Route56 winter camp this weekend. It is a great opportunity for me to get away from it all for a few days, and spend some quality time with God. My plan is to use this weekend to reevaluate my priorities and schedule by praying to God asking for his guidance, discernment, wisdom, and humbling myself before him in true submission.

My prayer is to return from camp with a clear mind, conscience, and heart so that I can restructure my schedule to be effective at being a follower and servant of God.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

John

No comments: